Lauren. 27. Northern California native. Nerd. Feminist. Liberal. Cinephile. Bibliophile. Pagan. Belly Dancer. Hufflepuff. Renaissance Faire reenactor. Has a love/hate relationship with George Lucas. Joss Whedon fangirl. Disney Enthusiast.
♥Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Angel. Xena Warrior Princess. Firefly. Supernatural. Lost. Stargate. Ugly Americans. Robot Chicken. The Tudors. The Walking Dead. Archer. Once Upon a Time. Fringe.♥
♥Star Wars. Lord of the Rings. Pirates of the Caribbean. Indiana Jones. Jurassic Park. Disney. Practical Magic. Moulin Rouge. Jaws. Harry Potter. Zombieland. Titanic. Resident Evil.♥
yo but mermaid monster hybrids though
- vampire mermaids who prey on their own kind — when they get bitten, their scales fall off, their tails turn a slick and fleshy grey, a dorsal fin begins to sprout from their spine, and suddenly there’s six rows of teeth where once there was only one
- mermaid medusas who’ve got eels for hair and it’s not their gaze that can turn you to stone but their song
- fairy mermaids who’re born of spite and mischief — they’re small, the size of seahorses, and they speed through the currents causing mayhem and sometimes destruction
- were-mermaids who turn into huge, hulking great whites when the full moon filters through the deep waters, who cannot be restrained because what shackles can you find in the deep?, who leave blood and guts in their wake
Let’s go deeper
- Mermaid dryads tied to a whole kelp forest, fins and hair perfectly camouflaged with their natural habitat. They drift serenely through their gardens until it is threatened, when the whole kelp forest turns on the attacker and drags it down to its death.
- Elementally aligned mermaids - air-aligned mermaids leap joyously from the water and glide on tough fins, punching through the surface of the water like tiny spears of silver-blue. Fire-aligned mermaids drawn to deep volcanic vents, blind and sickly-white with teeth that fit together like a sieve.
- Kraken mermaids.
Special skills: extensive Harry Potter knowledge, can watch an entire TV show in a week, knows words to every Disney song, can form abnormally strong attachments to fictional characters, Microsoft Word